Thank you, Coffee Mamma, for inviting me to do this tag! It is wonderful to meet so many supportive and strong mommies in the Blogger world.
As there are quite a few questions to answer, I decided to split this tag into Part 1 and Part 2.
I welcome all mommy bloggers to join Coffee Mamma and I on this awesome tag!
• Thank whoever tagged you and link back to their website.
• Share the rules in your post.
• Tag Rachel, The Coffee Mamma.
• Answer the questions.
• Tag at least 3-5 Mom Bloggers at the end of your post.
1) So, obviously you’re a mom, how many kids do you have? Genders? Ages?
I have a 11 year old girl and 9 year old boy.
2) Are your children close in age or further apart in age?
I planned them close.
3) Did you have a Vaginal Birth or C Section?
I had C-Section and then Vaginal afterwards.
4) Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?
I respect that a woman makes her own choice.
5) Have you shared your labor story on your blog yet?
6) What is the thing you find most challenging about being a mommy blogger?
Being pulled from all directions. Everyone seems to keep asking me to do something for them. So I get distracted…
7) What’s the most challenging thing about being a Mom for you?
Dealing with all the mom-shaming.
8) What were you doing when you went into labour?
9) Baby Stats?
Older one was 7.2 pounds and younger was 6.5 pounds
10) Thoughts on circumcision?
Done like dad.
11) What were your first thoughts when you found out you were pregnant?
12) What’s your child’s favorite toy?
Slime (she is a tween now)
13) What is one thing you miss about before you became a Mom?
Whenever I made time to go for a facial or even dentist appointment, my critics would say that I should be watching my child. Moms don’t get a break, they say! I refused to listen to them and fought hard to maintain ME-TIME!!
Now, my daughter asks why I get to sleep in and shop by myself for one whole day each week. Oh, yes, I work full time hours too….
14) What do you love most about being a Mom?
Hanging out with my tweens and their friends. Like trick or treating each year!
15) What do you dislike most about being a Mom? (really couldn’t bring myself to use the word hate)
Mom-shaming by others
16) What is the thing you love most about being a mommy blogger?
The blogger community is so supportive! I enjoy sharing what I love and get to know other bloggers too!
17) Whether blogging is your full-time job or not would you change your full-time job? What would you do, what’s your dream job?
Blogging is my part-time creative outlet. It is a perfect companion for my other jobs.
18) What are your fave diapers to use?
I used cloth diapers with Kushie brands diaper covers at home… the following were pretty much exactly what I used….
and Seventh Generation ones when outside….
19) Was your partner a big help or were they just in the way the first few weeks after giving birth?
I did most of the work. I was helping my mom when she had my sister so I already knew what to do….
20) What is the last thing your child cried about?
My older one jokingly knocked her brother on the head with her lunchbox, not knowing her thermos was inside… ouch!
21) What’s the one thing that puts a smile on your child’s face?
Seeing me show up at school to volunteer.
22) What surprised you most about being pregnant?
Nothing much actually as I was 11 when my younger sister was born. So, I watched my mom go through it….
23) How did your partner hold up during labor?
C-section, he was fine…, Vaginal birth, he was horrified, therefore, now I talk about it to my son to prep him for the future.
24) What was the first symptom that made you think you’re pregnant?
I missed my period by one day….
25) How did you tell your partner? How did they react?
26) What old wives tales were you told during your pregnancy?
I was blamed for my older one’s eczema for sucking on lobster shells???
27) Who do your kids look like?
Daughter like dad and son like me…. but as she got older, more like me….
28) What unusual dreams did you have while pregnant? Did you have any after giving birth?
29) When did you first feel your baby kicking?
30) Do you use medication?
Chinese herbs and supplements. I am a Certified Sports Nutrition Consultant, so I was prepared.
To be continued……..
Okay! Phew… that’s Part 1!
Hope to see some more mommy bloggers join the fun and get to know each other more!!