I was never much of a traveller. Growing up, I knew education and saving money for the future were my main concerns. I never really voiced out my desire to visit many countries that I saw in movies and shows. After graduating from university, I began my travelling….
The Ultimate Travel Tag: 50 Questions
1. How many countries of the world have you already visited?
As of 2019, 12 countries…
2. Which destination is the number one of your bucket list?
Scotland because of Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter….
3. Three other places at the top of your travel bucket list?
Jeju Island, South Korea
Machu Picchu, Peru
4. What does the ideal holiday look like for you?
All-inclusive resort or cruise
5. Favorite picture you’ve taken during a trip?
Ankor Wat, Cambodia
6. Have you had to travel for work so far? If so, where?
7. With who would you like to go on a vacation sometime?
8. Who or what would you take with you to an uninhabited island?
Swiss Army knife
9. Would you rather go to an amusement park or a zoo?
Amusement parks have so many fun rides!
10. Mountain or sea?
The sound of waves 🌊
11. Which country(ies) will you visit this year?
Japan, actually next year
12. Where would you never visit?
13. Which place did you think was so special that you wished to come back to it immediately after leaving it and still want to revisit now?
London as I only stayed for one evening…
14. A place you’ve been to where you would not go back to and why?
I haven’t been to enough places to have that thought…..
15. What was the last country you visited?
16. What is your favorite place on the planet that you have been to?
Venice! I definitely need to go back!
17. Favorite place in your home country?
So far I have to say Drumheller because I love dinosaurs…
18. You’re in an airport, and you know you can choose whichever destination to board a plane right now: which part of the world would you choose?
19. What’s your cup of tea – tropical island getaway, snowy ski break, or city exploring trips?
Tropical island getaway
20. What are your top 3 hand-luggage must haves?
Moisturizer, facial mask 😷 and headset
21. What 3 things would you take on holiday/travelling if you could?
Blanket, pillow and mini fridge
22. Any travel tips to share?
Bring a first-aid kit, extra battery packs and bring an extra shawl ….
23. What is your most pleasant trip memory?
Travelling with my children… I got to share with them travelling and packing knowledge.
24. What is your most unpleasant trip memory?
It was a nightmare for me when my daughter had a febrile seizure in China. Thank goodness I was fluent in Mandarin and can read the instructions of medicine and procedures.
25. Most surreal travel moment?
Standing on the Great Wall of China….
26. Most embarrassing moment abroad?
Does going to the bathroom in the Gobi desert count? There were no bathrooms in the desert….
27. Biggest disappointment?
Bahamas was as exciting as I thought it would be….
28. Nicest surprise?
Bermuda! Too bad I didn’t have enough time and we had landed too late so everything was closed.
29. Favorite food discovery during a trip?
Coffee, which is a drink….I didn’t drink coffee till my visit to the Dominican Republic.
30. Why do you travel?
Travelling brings all my movie fantasies to life!
31. Have you picked up any phrases from travelling?
32. Your dream travel companion?
33. Favorite city or country?
34. Best item purchased abroad?
I tended not to shop much when I travel….
35. Advice for those who want to travel but think they can’t?
Look for ways to collect travel points through credit cards! Do some research on the different points systems and check your spending habits.
Plus, start putting away a little bit each month into a travelling fund. Focus on cutting unnecessary expenses and start couponing on daily necessities like groceries.
When planning for your trip, do more research on deals by comparing travel agencies or last minute deals. Chat with your friends about their travel plans. Sometimes, you maybe to find a cheap deal of the same trip too!
36. Travel accessory you always pack?
37. Your most treasured passport stamp?
38. Can you recite your passport number from memory if asked?
39. Preferred method of travel: planes, trains or cars?
Trains are the most comfortable.
40. Hostel, hotel or AirBnb?
AirBnb because of its inexpensive price and amazing amenities too!
41. Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places?
New places, new experiences
42. Do you read up on your destination (culture, history, safety) or do you wing it?
I do my reading constantly…
43. Favorite travel website?
44. Where would you recommend a friend to visit? Name city and why.
Venice because it is slowly going under water….
46. Suitcase versus backpack?
Suitcase as I need to bring my first aid ⛑ kit, and skincare kit….and my supplements!!
47. Is there something you do on every trip?
I always need to check out the visitors centre.
48. When traveling do you talk to locals easily?
Talking is my strength. As long as I speak the language, I can chat to almost anyone.
49. Do you feel like you’re different when traveling?
50. What is the greatest travel-dream you would like to accomplish before hitting your next big life-turn?
I am hitting the big 4-0 soon. It’s an age when I finally figured out who I really am. I already know where I am going before then… Despite the fact that I didn’t chose the place, I am blessed to be going with my children.
My travel-dream is to practice the Japanese language. Let’s see how this goes….
I am tagging:
Remember to tag back the original tag owner:)